Thursday, April 9, 2009

Crackerjack


Sometimes a prop turns out nothing like it was originally conceived. No matter how hard you try, something just isn't quite right. Crackerjack was one of those props for me. He was inspired by the story in my previous post, "The Fallen Tree" and was the answer to the question "what played with those toys in the crawlspace?" I knew I wanted him to be grub-like, but my first attempt ended up looking like something that would be attached to an exterminator's truck roof. It was an utter failure as far as creepiness goes (unless you are scared of big termites). After several more chapters in the story, the concept in my mind evolved, and then one day inspiration hit in a most unlikely spot...a toothpaste smear on my shower curtain was staring at me, and looked just like my vision of Crackerjack. The rest, as they say, is history.

a bizarre, twisted history.

No comments:

Post a Comment