Monday, July 19, 2010

Budget Bodies



A few years ago I needed to make a bunch of bodies for a meat-locker type room. I came up with a method for making super-cheap, durable, yet fairly realistic body forms. The premise for the room was the guests will walk thru a room that is literally filled with hanging bodies. The room is lit only with a strobe light, creating confusion as the bodies swing when the guests travel thru the room. Because of the limited line of site, there are many places for actors to hide. The overall effect was a stunning room with lots of scare factor for very little cash.
Need a few bodies of your own? Check out my original thread on Hauntforum.com for more info on this economical prop.

4 comments:

  1. Budget Bodies. That is the best title for a post I have seen in a long time. Who could resist a title like that? :D

    I always hate those rooms in haunts....cause they get me everytime! Thanks for the great info so that more people can make them.....and scare me....thanks. I think. ;)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! No problem. Now if I could only come up with a super cheap way to make a gauntlet of giant spiders......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Budget Bodies is a great idea and good title. I also like to think of them as "dead boyfriends"! Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, outstanding! I enjoyed it when I saw it last year, but I had been looking for it recently and couldn't find it... Then you post it up, nice!

    It's been added to my entirely too long list of items for 2010 Halloween.

    ReplyDelete