Monday, August 15, 2011
New witch completed
I just finished this witch as a custom order for one of my past Etsy customers. I do not mind saying this gal gave me quite a bit of trouble....there was something elusive about her facial expression early in the sculpt that drove me nuts. Early on, the expression was blank...no character or emotion displayed whatsoever. The unfinished piece sat on my bench for several weeks, staring up like a dead fish, mocking my lack of creative inspiration. I have learned that when a piece doesn't feel right it is best to put it away until new thoughts emerge. Such was the case with this witch....last week a new approach on the facial features came to me, inspired by the twin witches I posted last week. I raised the cheekbones, dropped the brow, defined some deep scowling lines in tightly pursed lips and all of a sudden she had an attitude. After I overcame that hurdle, the rest of the sculpt was relatively easy.