Friday, December 18, 2009

What is wrong with me?

My wife has mentioned several times that I should put my Halloween prop "Mr Sandman" up on the rooftop for Christmas....and yet he is still tucked away in the shed with the rest of my Halloween stuff. I am stunned that she would even mention this ( although I believe her ulterior motive is to get me to make adjustments to our TV antenna while I am up there)
I should be jumping at the chance to set him up off-season, and for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

Have I lost my touch? Am I worried about offending someone? Am I just being lazy?

So what do you think? Should I put him out or not? It's all in your hands people...if there is enough response to set him up, I'll do it. Otherwise, Mr. Sandman stays in the shed until next October.

14 comments:

  1. DO IT! Do it for me, who is stuck with crazy family and a dangerously low blood alcohol level! Do it for all those who can't be home to inappropriately frighten people during Christmas.
    Do it for the Gipper, man!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i was gonna say the same thing as ShellHawk - DO IT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely!! I think this holiday needs a Hallowen touch. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! A big hell YES! You have to do it for all of "Us" who aren't as lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's 5 emphatic "yes" votes....Expecting 2 inches of snow today, so rooftop adventures may be a bit dicey...keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is Christmas without a little Halloween?! We should all have a Pumpkinhead Santa sitting on the mantle. We want to see pictures of this event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't be lazy Dave...and do I need to remind you that you really need to listen to your wife? Have a great holiday and here's hoping that a little October cheer finds its way to your rooftop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wife is a terrific supporter of your efforts. My vote is to thaw him out and set him up.

    There's nothing I'd delight in more than cruising along some street of twinkling colored lights, inflatable reindeer, and carefully strung garlands and being surprised to see that fiend crawling across the rooftop toward the chimney.

    I know how delivers my toys every Christmas. Go for it, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overwhelming support! Expect to see some pictures soon.

    Thanks everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he would be perfectly appropriate for this time of year - he has that Ghost of Christmas Past look to him:) Or maybe Scrooge in his nightshirt.


    Bonnie (aka RoxyBlue)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to see pics of him up for Christmas!!! LOVE the idea =) Do it!

    ReplyDelete