Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hibernation

Wow, it has been a while since I have posted anything new here...mostly because I have not had anything new to post. Here's a quick update:

Mr. Sandman fell over on Christmas eve. Logic tells me it was because of the heavy wind we had that night, but the kid in me says I should look for sleigh tracks and aggressive hoof prints across his robes. I got nothing for Christmas...not even a lump of coal. Perhaps it wasn't such a good idea to put the grim grinning reaper up during Christmas after all.

New Year's Eve was alot of fun. I spent two nights camping with family, and observed about 300 insane people taking a New Year's Day swim in near freezing water. Winter camping is a challenge, even when camping in a heated trailer.

Yesterday was my 43rd birthday. I celebrated by starting a few new sculptures that will end up on Etsy. I am exploring a new line of thought in my creations this time....I have never sculpted large-boned beings with ample flesh. I am enjoying the challenge very much, and am looking forward to seeing my morbidly obese vision come to life.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see some of your new work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! i just know your new stuff is going to be awesome!

    i hope mr. sandman's ok!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the Sandman....now I feel a bit guilty for encouraging you to put it up :)

    Happy birthday and looking forward to your creations, as always, in 2010. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Dave!! I hit level 42 just last Friday, you have to fill me in on how easy level 43 is once you have played it awhile.

    I seriously can't wait for your new stuff!!! Please do a morbidly obese Corvid in there somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandman is ok...he is still on the roof, laying comfortably on his back looking up at the starts. He is probably quite a sight from above..hehehe. I won't be able to get up there and rescue him until the snow melts away...which will not be anytime soon!

    Kimily...what is a Corvid?

    BTW..level 42, 43, ....makes no difference to me. I usually have to do the math when someone asks my age anyway. It is something that doesn't really mater to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Dave =) Can't wait to see your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Glad to hear Sandman wasn't damaged as he looked awesome on the roof. Looking forward to seeing your new props.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday :) At the very least, you know any robbers who go up on the roof will think twice once they see the Sandman.

    ReplyDelete