Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rising Spirits

A few years ago when I was in a prop-building frenzy, I had an idea that I just couldn't quite coax out of my subconscious. I would get flashes of different forms and textures, but the entire piece evaded me. After several weeks of frustration, I was working in the garage and started to build. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular, and all the pieces started falling into place. When I was done, it dawned on me that the very prop that had been teasing my cognition for so long was now realized. I now have a team of five rising spirits that I have used in my haunts for the last few years. In true spirit form, they have been next to impossible to capture a decent image.

A video slide show documenting the making of the spirits can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment