Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ghosties' Contest Entry


What a fantastic story this is! Ghosties purchased three of my Pumpkin Creatures at the very height of their production in 2009. I ran a series of the little characters ( 16 in all) where I endeavored to make each creature a unique personality. During this phase, I decided to number them rather than attempt to give each one a name. Ghosties tells the story of how she came upon the name for her trio of Pumpkins.

"I am sending you a picture of the three pumpkin creatures I bought from The Shadow Farm. I love the Pumpkin creatures, and so I had to have three of them. Here they are in all their Halloween glory, being displayed in the Curiosity Cabinet in my living room.

I have gotten a good range of comments on them; "That's just creepy"...."I love their expressions" (so do I!)....."WHAT did you say they were?". "They're kinda cute...in a weird sort of way." But my favorite comment is from my Dad. My Dad really liked them. Dad was wheelchair bound for the last 2 years of his life, so when I went to see him one day last October I took "The Boys" with me. He turned them over and over, and kept looking at them, but didn't say anything right away. I thought that was all the reaction I was going to get, but when I left that night he said "Bring the Three Stooges back with you when you come." And that's how they got their names.

So here are "Larry", "Moe", and "Curly" getting into more mischief; seems they found a skull in the back yard, and they were trying to figure out what it was from.
Larry; "I know! It's a Dragon!"
Moe; "No it's not, you nucklehead!"
Curly; "It's a Grouse!....Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!"


Ghosties, thank you so very much for sharing this story. I am humbled to think that something that I created made such an impression on your father.

Keep the entries coming! I have really enjoyed getting back in touch with all of you and reading your stories, and seeing the pictures of my creations in their new homes. Go to THIS POST for details on how to enter and get a chance of winning your choice of any item from my Etsy shop.

3 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic story :) Artists have no idea how their work can affect people, even in the seemingly smallest ways. Stories like this keeps people creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thats the greatest story ever!!

    ReplyDelete